Saturday, November 28, 2009

Good Old Fashioned Letter Writing


To the left is the third page of a letter sent to me from a dear sister in the Lord that lives in Emporia, Kansas. Since leaving Emporia (nearly 3 years ago) she and I have kept in touch by way of letter.

What a great joy it is to hear from her. She currently lives in Flint Hills Care Center (the place that I first met her) and is a fiery evangelist for Christ there. In the years that I've known her she has said multiply times, "We have to get these people ready for heaven..."

In the letters she sends me she will often write the day and time the letter is being written. Time and time again, she writes the letters during the wee hours of the morning (the time she says that she does all of her bible reading, praying and letter writing). The scanned letter is the most recent one that I received from her this week. As you will see, she says, "Glad you are having a good time in the Lord. I am too."

Brethren let us give praise to our King in heaven as He continues His work of grace in the life of this sister. I often think of Philippians 1:6; "For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus." As you think of it, being praying for Annie in Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment